DQRID : D980614.2
Start DateStart TimeEnd DateEnd Time Data Quality Metric
04/01/1998000004/30/19982359Does not affect quality
more
Subject:
Overview of Automated QA - April 1998
DataStreams:sgp05okmX1.00, sgp15okmX1.00, sgp15okmX1.a1, sgp05okmX1.a1
Below is an overview from Mark Shafer and Chris Fiebrich, the Mesonet QA manager
of the automated quality assurance results for the April 1998
Oklahoma Mesonet data.

1.  RETR RELH - April 6 flags were from a wet sensor; the flags are
correct and there is no need for continuning concern after the event
(from 2105-2220).

2.  BBOW RELH - April 12, 9 suspect flags.  Data looked ok; we suspect
the inversion established at that site (lower elevation) earlier than
surrounding sites.

3.  EUFA TS10, TB10 - several spikes in the data on the 13th (1730-1800
UTC) and 14th (1845-2000); also affected TS05, TB05, TS30.  Do not use
data for these time period, but it otherwise looked ok (it was examined
by a technician who could find no problems with the sensor).

4.  BRIS TS10 - flagged as warning on the 14th, but should be flagged
for the 13th as well (see QA manager's report below).

5.  WEST BATV - April 14, voltage appeared a bit high, which may
influence other instruments.

6.  WYNO SRAD - started showing problems in spatial plots on the 14th;
flagged as warning on the 26th; problem resolved May 5.

7.  ARNE & CHEY RELH - April 15 - flagged as low, but ok - dryline
affected those sites from 0155 to 0640 UTC.

8.  MAYR RELH - April 20, similar effect; MAYR is at the edge of the
network and the data showed an internal consistency, can ignore flags.

9.  MARE RELH - April 23, data internally consistent; we suspect high
RELH readings at STIL and it's very close proximity to MARE affected the
spatial QA routine.

10.  MINC TAIR, RELH - April 23 - did not experience an inversion like
surrounding sites; instead stayed warm and dry, and caused spatial QA
flags.  Ignore the flags.

11.  HINT WSPD, WVEC - April 27 - wind speeds higher than nearby sites,
but precip at the time, suggesting perhaps thunderstorm outflow.
Disregard flags.

> [...]
>                         #1790 BRIS Reporting 4-8 C warmer than surrounding
>                               sites
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       #1755 TULL Sensor replaced due to vandalism
>
> TB10    Current:        #1779 WILB Monthly QA indicates 4 C cool bias
>                         #1782 MAYR Unnatural steps occurring in data
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       #1756 TULL Sensor replaced due to vandalism
>
> TS05    Current:        None
>         Added:          #1811 BRIS Monthly QA shows ~5 C warm bias
>         Resolved:       None
>
> TB05    Current:        None
>         Added:          #1808 WOOD Monthly QA shows possible 4 C warm bias
>         Resolved:       None
>
> TS30    Current:        #1704 EUFA Sensor reporting -9999 due to lightning
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None

>                                 ARS QA REPORT
>
> TAIR    Current:         None
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        None
>
> RELH    Current:         None
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        #1803 A111 Sensor reporting 0%, replaced.
>
> SRAD    Current:         None
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        #1797 A121 Wire chewed and broken near stand, replaced
>
> RAIN    Current:         None
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        #1742 A122 CR10T and gauge replaced to fix spurrious
>                                reports
>                          #1800 A132 Spider web clogging gauge removed
>
> TS05    Current:         None
>         Added:           #1816 A148 Monthly QA shows possible 2-4 C warm bias
>                          #1817 A157 Monthly QA shows possible 2 C cool bias
>         Resolved:        #1785 A131 Soil type found to be cause of spatial QA
>                                anomally
>
> TS10    Current:         None
>         Added:           #1815 A166 Monthly QA shows possible 2-3 c cool bias
>         Resolved:        None
>
> TS15    Current:         None
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        None
>
> TS30    Current:         None
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        #1778 A156 Field test confirmed QA warm bias, replaced

> LEGEND
> TAIR    Air Temperature measured at 1.5 meters
> RELH    Relative Humidity measured at 1.5 meters
> WDIR    Wind Direction measured at 10 meters
> WSPD    Wind Speed measured at 10 meters
> PRES    Pressure
> SRAD    Incident Solar Radiation
> RAIN    Rainfall
> TA9M    Air Temperature measured at 9 meters
> WS2M    Wind Speed measured at 2 meters
> TS10    Soil Temperature measured at 10 cm under native sod
> TB10    Soil Temperature measured at 10 cm under bare soil
> TS05    Soil Temperature measured at 5 cm under native sod
> TB05    Soil Temperature measured at 5 cm under bare soil
> TS15    Soil Temperature measured at 15 cm under native sod
> TS30    Soil Temperature measured at 30 cm under native sod

Suggestions:
Users of these data should obtain the detailed quality
assurance information from ARM.
Measurements:sgp05okmX1.a1:
  • alt
  • prec_amt
  • wvec_10m
  • time_offset
  • pres
  • wspd_sigma
  • wspd_10m
  • wdir_10m
  • tdry_1_5m
  • base_time
  • lon
  • wspd_max
  • wspd_2m
  • rh
  • tdry_9m
  • srad
  • wdir_sigma
  • lat
more
sgp05okmX1.00:
  • Raw data stream - documentation not supported
more
sgp15okmX1.a1:
  • leaf_ind
  • alt
  • tsoil5
  • tsoil10
  • tbare5
  • vbat
  • base_time
  • lon
  • tbare10
  • tbare30
  • time_offset
  • lat
more
sgp15okmX1.00:
  • Raw data stream - documentation not supported
more

Close this window