DQRID : D980212.1
Start DateStart TimeEnd DateEnd Time Data Quality Metric
12/01/1997000012/31/19972359Does not affect quality
more
Subject:
Overview of Automated QA - December 1997
DataStreams:sgp05okmX1.00, sgp15okmX1.00, sgp15okmX1.a1, sgp05okmX1.a1
Below is an overview from Mark Shafer of the automated quality
assurance results for the December 1997 Oklahoma Mesonet data.
1.  CLAY RELH again failed 1-2 observations almost daily.   No
trouble-ticket, but be cautious.  Symptoms ceased after the 19th
(continues from November 1997).

2.  STIL LEAF failed a number of obs on the 6th; a trouble-ticket was
issued on December 13 (continues from November 1997).

3.  Battery Voltage problems at NEWK, NOWA, and WAUR on the 4th and FREE
on the 11th.  Caution is advised for any data from these stations on
those days.

4.  More inversion flags from the 14th - 19th, especially MEDI and
CHEY.  These sites are a bit higher elevation and often do not get
nocturnal inversions while surrounding sites do, resulting in suspect
(and even a few warning flags) for TAIR and RELH.  These flags during
this time should be disregarded - the data are fine.

5.  Numerous sites were flagged by our persistence check for TAIR on the
23rd: BOWL, CLAR, COPA, NOWA (also TA9M for NOWA), OKEM, and OKMU.
There was heavy cloud cover and fog across much of Oklahoma during late
December - mid January.  I'm not sure whether the nearly constant
temperatures reported by these sites were due to the air mass or whether
the sites may have been iced by a passing storm.

6.  NINN TS10 started showing problems on the 23rd and 24th.  It was
flagged as a failure on January 12, 1998.  Caution is advised fromt he
23rd through the 12th.

- Mark

> [...]
>                         #1581 BESS Broken AG wire
>
> RAIN:   Current t-tkts: None
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       #1590 NINN Spider webs clogged gauge
>                         #1589 ADAX Spider cocoons clogged funnel/tipping bucket
>
> TA9M (Air Temperature at 9 meters):
>         Current t-tkts: None
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None
>
> WS2M (Wind Run at 2 meters):
>         Current t-tkts: None
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None
>
> TS10 (Soil temperature at 10 cm under native sod):
>         Current t-tkts: #1579 TIPT Data reads -273.1; stopped reporting
>                         #1603 MTHE Plots show about 3C too warm
>                         #1604 BLAC Plots show about 3C too warm
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None
>
> TB10 (Soil temperature at 10 cm under bare soil):
>         Current t-tkts: #1580 TIPT Data reads -273.1; stopped reporting
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None
>
> TS05 (Soil temperature at 5 cm under native sod):
>         Current t-tkts: None
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None
>
> TB05 (Soil temperature at 5 cm under bare soil):
>         Current t-tkts: #1605 MEDI Plots show about 2-3C too warm
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       #1564 BUFF Old sensor read 4C too cool. Replaced.
>
> TS30 (Soil temperature at 30 cm under native sod):`
>         Current t-tkts: None
>         Added:          None
>         Resolved:       None

>                                 ARS QA REPORT
>
> TAIR (Air Temperature at 1.5 meters):
>         Current t-tkts:  None.
>         Added:           None.
>         Resolved:        None.
>
> TDEW/RELH (RH is measured at 1.5 meters):
>         Current t-tkts:  #1617 A121 Found dewpoint error of 1.75
>         Added:           #1623 A181 QA monthly plots showed a max RH of 134.5
>         Resolved:        #1599 A132 No prob at site; suspect electronics/
>                                 wiring.
>
> SRAD (Incident Solar Radiation):
>         Current t-tkts:  #1606 A123 Monthly plots show about 75 W/m2 too low
>         Added:           None
>         Resolved:        None
>
> RAIN:   Current t-tkts:  None.
>         Added:           None.
>         Resolved:        #1593 A162 Spider webs clogged gauge
>                          #1592 A147 Spider webs clogged gauge
>                          #1591 A132 Spider webs clogged gauge w/debris
>                          #1611 A167 Spider in gauge and web in tube; cleaned
>
> TS05 (Soil temperature at 5 cm under native soil):
>         Current t-tkts:  None.
>         Added:           None.
>         Resolved:        None.
>
> TS10 (Soil temperature at 10 cm under native sod):
>         Current t-tkts:  None.
>         Added:           None.
>         Resolved:        None.
>
> TS15 (Soil temperature at 15 cm under native soil):
>         Current t-tkts:  None.
>         Added:           None.
>         Resolved:        None.
>
> TS30 (Soil temperature at 30 cm under native sod):

Suggestions:
Users of these data should obtain the detailed quality
assurance information from ARM.
Measurements:sgp05okmX1.a1:
  • alt
  • prec_amt
  • wvec_10m
  • time_offset
  • pres
  • wspd_sigma
  • wspd_10m
  • wdir_10m
  • tdry_1_5m
  • base_time
  • lon
  • wspd_max
  • wspd_2m
  • rh
  • tdry_9m
  • srad
  • wdir_sigma
  • lat
more
sgp05okmX1.00:
  • Raw data stream - documentation not supported
more
sgp15okmX1.a1:
  • leaf_ind
  • alt
  • tsoil5
  • tsoil10
  • tbare5
  • vbat
  • base_time
  • lon
  • tbare10
  • tbare30
  • time_offset
  • lat
more
sgp15okmX1.00:
  • Raw data stream - documentation not supported
more

Close this window